The Vision and Mission
- The Mission Statement: Living Flame Christian Ministries exists to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, both in word and deed, so that believers may become fully mature “living flames” who carry the fire of Christian revival throughout the earth.
- Foundational Scripture: “Be devoted to one another with [authentic] brotherly affection [as members of one family], give preference to one another in honor; 11 never lagging behind in diligence; aglow in the Spirit, enthusiastically serving the Lord” (Rom. 12:10-11 Amp.).
- Additional Summary of Purpose: We are committed to building a solid foundation of prayer, worship, teaching, discipleship, evangelism, and community service. We intend to actively release the presence and power of God into our community with signs following as we pray for our region to be won to Christ, support evangelistic outreach, send missionaries to the ends of the earth, heal the sick, feed the poor, and raise up future generations of leaders who will influence the world towards godliness. We intend on working in close relationship with the wider Body of Christ as we promote unity and contend for a sustained move of God in the Southern California region.
- Prayer, Intercession, and Worship (Matt. 21:13; James 4:2; Eph. 6:17-18; James 5:16; Rom. 8:26-27; 1 Cor. 14:14; John 15:7; Mk. 11:23-24; 1 Thes. 5:17; Lu. 18:1; Matt. 26:41; Jude 1:20; Acts 4:31; Matt. 18:18; Lu. 10:19). See more information on the Prayer Network Page.
We have an extensive vision related to prayer that is discussed in its entirety under the tab “Prayer Network.” We believe prayer and worship are essential for hosting and sustaining any move of God. Therefore, we see prayer and worship as foundational pillars that Living Flame Christian Ministries is to be built upon. We see an army of prophetic intercessors and radical worshippers who never cease pursuing deeper levels of intimacy with God.
“My house shall be called a house of prayer” (Matt. 21:13).
“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth” (John 4:24).
- Evangelism and Discipleship (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:15-18; Matt. 4:23; Matt. 9:35; Matt. 24:14; Mark 1:14).
We see teams of ministers and evangelists being mobilized to reach our region and the nations. We are firmly committed to launching and sending trained believers to represent Christ and His Kingdom throughout the earth. We have been commissioned according to Isaiah 61 to preach good tidings to the poor, heal the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives, the opening of the prison to those that are bound, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, to comfort those who mourn, and to cause people to be firmly rooted and established in the truths of God’s Word so they may be called, “trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord.”
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matt. 28:19).
- Supporting Missions Work at Home and Abroad
“How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!'” (Isaiah 52:7).
- Healing God’s people spirit, soul, and body (Is. 61:1; Acts 4:10; Matt. 4:23; Matt. 15:31; 1 Thes. 5:23).
We believe healing is an essential element of the complete gospel. When the Kingdom of God is present, healing manifests. Therefore, we expect God to manifest His goodness in our midst by confirming His Word with signs following.
“And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people” (Matthew 4:23).
- Training, Equipping, and Sending the saints to do the work of the ministry (Eph. 4:11-13; 2 Tim. 3:17; Luke 6:40; Luke 24:49 Amp.; Heb. 5:14 Amp.).
We see the establishment of local house churches, revival centers, and training facilities that can be used for the purpose of teaching, discipleship, mentoring, equipping, sustaining outpouring, hosting revival, and launching revivalists throughout the earth.
“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.” (Eph. 4:11-13 NKJV)
- Promoting Unity and Restoring the Body of Christ (Eph. 4:11-13; 2 Pet. 3:14; Phil. 2:15; Rev. 19:7 Amp.; Rev. 22:17 Amp.).
We have a vision for helping individuals find and fulfill their calling within the larger Body of Christ so that the Church may become the glorious “Bride” she is called to be, without spot or wrinkle. We have a vision for promoting unity, according to Ps. 133, and working to heal and restore damaged relationships within the worldwide Church structure. To this end, we are crafting a network of relational partnerships that will enable the “organs” (or members), within the Body of Christ to release reciprocal blessings to one another. We believe the Church is being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit (Eph. 2:20-22), and that only happens when we value and work together towards unity.
“Let us rejoice and shout for joy! Let us give Him glory and honor, for the marriage of the Lamb has come [at last] and His bride (the redeemed) has prepared herself” (Rev. 19:7 Amp.).
“I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” (Eph. 4:1 NKJV).
- Writing and Publishing the Good News (Ps. 26:7 KJV; Ps. 68:11 KJV and NIV; Is. 52:7 KJV; Mk 1:45 KJV; Mk 5:20 KJV; Mk. 7:36 KJV).
We see the ministers at Living Flame Christian Ministries developing a legacy of written books and discipleship materials that will impact generations to come.
“But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter” (Mark 1:45 KJV).
- Love God
“Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind’” (Matt. 22:37).
We believe our love for God is best expressed when we demonstrate that love by living a lifestyle consistent with what we say we believe. In other words, if we love God, we will have a value for spending time with Him in prayer, in the Word, in worship, and in service to others.
- Love people
“ You shall love your neighbor as yourself ” (Matt. 22:39).
We believe love for people is best expressed by valuing the diversity of gifts in the body of Christ, serving one another, cultivating a culture of honor, sharing the faith, and demonstrating the fruits of the Spirit as described in Galatians 5:22-23.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law” (Gal. 5:22-23)
- Finally, we value developing a “Kingdom Culture,” that is built on the foundations of honor towards God and others, faith working by love, the gifts of the Spirit in manifestation and demonstration, and unity among the brethren.
Our Leadership Team:
Founder – Dr. Christi Butler
Dr. Butler has been serving the Lord in Christian ministry since 1997. For many years, Christi conducted evangelistic outreaches and church services within several California State prisons. Over the years, Christi has founded three non-profit corporations and has been active as a church leader, pastor, teacher and evangelist. Christi is currently ordained through Kingsway Fellowship International (KFI). She holds a B.A. and M.A. degree in Theology, as well as a Doctorate of Ministry degree from Vision International College and Seminary. Christi has a secondary Bachelor of Science in Management degree from the University of Phoenix and is a certified Life Coach in the State of California. Dr. Butler is passionate about sharing her faith and seeing the Lord Jesus Christ glorified through all her ministry endeavors.
Senior Pastor of Living Flame as of January 2021 – Rev. Lissa Zappardino-Johnson. We will post a picture and bio soon!
Board Member – Rev. Kimberly Kordell and Senior Pastor of God’s Grace Outreach Ministries
Rev. Kimberly Kordell has served the Lord in multiple areas of ministry since 1985. She has enjoyed being involved with youth ministry, dance ministry, children’s ministry, prayer, evangelism, and teaching. Rev. Kordell was ordained in 2009 by Kingsway Fellowship International. Currently, Rev. Kordell is the Senior Pastor and leader of God’s Grace Outreach Ministries in Murrieta, California. Rev. Kordell works in close partnership with the God’s Grace Healing Rooms in Temecula, and with Living Flame Christian Ministries. Rev. Kordell is on the board of directors for LFCM and serves as a volunteer chaplain for the Puerta La Cruz Conservation Camp in Warner Springs, California. To read more about Rev. Kordell and God’s Grace visit: http://ourgodsgrace.com/